The Nanaimo Ballroom Dance Society's annual "Dance Camp" is now over.
As the Chairperson I was very pleased with how it went.
Highlights, from my perspective, were:
1. There was a wonderful sense of community and friendship. This echoed around the entire camo and particularly, spilled out onto the dance floor where everybody danced with everybody and not just their favourite dance partner. Wow! Our great grandparents, an amazing dancing generation, would be pleased with us by following in their footsteps so well.
2. The level of instruction was very high in terms of quality of teaching and there was a good balance, I thought, in terms of level of difficulty.
3. The volunteers were amazing, particularly the kitchen "staff" who didn't just contribute food and drinks but were the single most import cause of the "togetherness" generated among the dancers.
4. The mixture of music from our volunteer DJ's and the energy provided by the live music from the 19 piece Big Band.
5. Financially, it was always my intention to try my hardest to give those who registered for Dance Camp good value for their money. In this regard we did not spare any expense - and . . . made a healthy profit! (Bingo!)
++++ The old web page is still here, in case people feel like reviewing it or urging their dancing friend who missed Dance Camp to see what it was all about. ++++